School Nurse New
Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. Website
No recruiters please
Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Education System (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by th University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Summary: Manage and coordinate the assigned school's health services program based on requirements established by school division policies, procedures, and protocols, and by local, state and national regulations and statues; maintain and operate the school clinic.
- Assess, plan, and implement coordinated school health services;
- Establish and maintain comprehensive school health records;
- Assess the health and developmental status of all students;
- Identify students with special health concerns and develop appropriate health care plans with students and families;
- Establish system to provide care for illness and injury;
- Establish system to provide for safe medication administration;
- Monitor communicable disease prevention and control program â€“ establish and maintain immunization records, comply with state laws, rules and regulations regarding immunization requirements, exclusion of students with communicable diseases and reporting of designated diseases, and participate on advisory committee for students and staff with chronic infectious diseases;
- Determine priorities for screening programs, conduct screenings, make referrals and provide follow-up;
- Establish dental health programs, as needed â€“ education, fluoride application programs, and screenings;
- Assure in-service education for school staff regarding their role as mandated reporters in suspected child abuse and neglect; and
- Provide in-service education for school personnel on surveillance of health problems, communicable disease control, infection control, abuse and neglect reporting, etc
- Promote special health promotion observances, e.g., Dental Health Month;
â€¢ Participate on health curriculum committees to provide input regarding current health risks, types of health concerns of students, etc.;
- Support and reinforce health instruction goals and objectives; and monitor school environment to identify hazards, and work to correct problems;
- Establish/monitor injury-reporting system and ensure action is taken on preventable situations.
Qualification Requirements: Education and Experience
- Valid CPR and AED certification
- Possession of a valid driverâ€™s license with appropriate vehicle insurance.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Registered nurse in the state of Missouri-in good standing with Board of Nursing, and a minimum of three yearsâ€™ nursing experience in community health, pediatrics, emergency care and triage, psychiatry and/or a physicianâ€™s office preferred.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Ability to understand and speak Spanish
- Standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, simple grasping, pushing pulling, fine motor and gross motor skills, bending, lifting, squatting, kneeling, climbing, and reaching.
- Ability to lift students as required and have the stamina to stand all day, as needed.
If you are interested in applying - complete an application on moreap.net and send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage woman, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.