*** Pre-conference 6/10/18 2:30-5:30 (Optional) Stop the Bleed (3 Contact Hours provided by UAMS)***,Dissecting the world of Individual Healthcare plans, Triage Assessment, Diabetes--pumps, NASN Update, Leadership/Team building, Audiology basics, Cardiology Emergencies, Singing our praises in School Nursing, Seed Digging Part 2, (Optional 6/11/18 4:00-6:00 BLS Re-certification )
Charles Wooley, Cheryl Watson, Jennifer Sellers, Valerie Beshears, Grace Gephardt, Jessica Newman, Cheria Lindsey, Shawna Burns
Hello Fellow School Nurses,
I am excited to announce the ASNA 2018 Summer Conference is scheduled for June 10 pre-conference, June 11 & 12, 2018 at the Benton Convention Center. The agenda and registration is posted on the Arkansas School Nurses Association website at http://www.arksna.com/events/
Important Points to remember when registering for the conference:
- Registration starts March 12th with members fee $100.00, non-members fee is $140.00, and Retired members fee $50.00. Credit card payment is preferred.
- When registering for the conference if a credit card is not used for payment print the page right before you click the big green button that says complete order. That page has your order number and you may use this as your invoice. When paying by check, please put your order number on your check to ensure that credit is applied for your ticket.
- When paying by check, please mail check directly to our treasurer, Amy Graves at: PO Box 9237, Hot Springs Village, AR 71910.
- When paying by invoice, you will mark the pay by check option. Please be sure that the names of the nurses being paid for are on the check stub and mail these directly to our treasurer, Amy Graves at: PO Box 9237, Hot Springs Village, AR 71910.
- Refunds, less a $25 processing fee, will be available by written request only. Requests must reach the ASNA Treasurer at: email@example.com prior to June 1, 2017.
- Contact Hours certificate provided at the end of the conference on day 2.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites of Benton has a block of rooms reserved for the conference attendees starting at $93.00 per night. This includes complimentary breakfast to the registered guest of the hotel. Hotel registration must be made by May 15, 2018 in order to receive the discounted rate. Call to make your reservation at 501-722-6330.
Important Information regarding the conference:
- Bring your license number for registration
- Bring otoscope and a couple of tips to use during the Audiology discussion
- Register for the “Stop the Bleed Instructor Training” will be held Sunday 3:00-5:00 at Benton Convention Center. There is no fee for this training, this class is optional as a pre-conference session.
- Register for American Heart Association BLS HCP certification held Monday after the conference. There is no fee for this class, this is optional.
- There will be a new t-shirt design for sale.
- Silent auction baskets – money raised from this will go to pay for the national certification reimbursement fund.
- 50 - 50 raffle – pays for two scholarships to attend the 2019 NASN conference
- Purses for Nurses – scholarship to further your education.
- *NEW* option to use credit/debit this year.
I look forward to seeing you in Benton!
Kathy Launder, RN