Improving Oral Health; Human Sex Trafficking; HIPAA/FERPA; Assessment; Suicide Prevention; Sexual Health and Safety; and Drug Assessment. 10.75 Contact Hours **This activity has been submitted to the Midwest Multistate Division for approval to award nursing contact hours. The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.**
Carol Amerine; Dr. Charla Watkins;Dr. Kelly Vowel Johnson; Marilou Shreve; Shawna Burns; Kathleen Courtney; and Justin Ingram.
Hello Fellow School Nurses,
I am excited to announce the ASNA 2017 Summer Conference is scheduled for June 12 &13, 2017 at the Fayetteville Town Center in Fayetteville. The agenda and registration is posted on the Arkansas School Nurses Association website at http://www.arksna.com/events/
Important Points to remember when registering for the conference:
- Have your NASN/ASNA member number ready to be able to purchase a Member ticket.
- There will not be an early bird this year. Registration starts March 1st with members fee $100.00, non-members fee is $140.00. Credit card payment is preferred.
- When registering for the conference and not paying with a credit card, print the page right before you click your payment option. That page has your order number and you may use this as your invoice. When paying by check, please put your order number on your check to ensure that credit is applied for your ticket.
- When paying by check, please mail check directly to our treasurer, Kris Lore at: PO Box 19003, Jonesboro, AR 72403.
- When paying by invoice, you will mark the pay by check option. Please be sure that the names of the nurses being paid for are on the check stub and mail these directly to our treasurer, Kris Lore at: PO Box 19003, Jonesboro, AR 72403.
- Retired member’s conference fee is now ½ of active member fees.
- Refunds, less a $25 processing fee, will be available by written request only. Requests must reach the ASNA Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to June 1, 2017.
- Registration in A-Train is not required. CE certificate provided at the end of the conference on day 2.
The Chancellor Hotel located 1 block from the Fayetteville Town Center has a block of rooms reserved for conference attendees, starting at $99.00 per night for a double queen room. This includes complimentary parking. Registration must be made by May 15, 2017 to receive the discounted rate. Call 479-442-5555 to make your reservation.
Second hotel option is at the Candlewood Suites located at 2770 W. MLK JR BLVD 2.5 miles from the Fayetteville Town Center. A block of room have been reserved Queen Studios $ 69.00 + tax, Single King/Double bed studios $75.00 + tax, and King/Queen Deluxe Suites (bed and queen sleeper sofa) $89.00 + tax. Every room will get up to 2 free breakfast coupons to Denny’s at the front desk as you exit in the mornings. Hotel registration must be made by May 31, 2017 to receive the discounted rate. Call 479-856-6262 to make your reservation.
I look forward to seeing you in Fayetteville!
Kathy Launder, RN
**This activity has been submitted to the Midwest Multistate Division for approval to award nursing contact hours. The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.**